Powered by Blogger.

my journey in turkey - part 3 - places that i visited in istanbul

by - January 12, 2019

25/12/2018
Hello everyone
And welcome to the third part of my journey in turkey.
This day was so exciting although it was raining all the night and in the morning too , I didn't want to loose this day .
I wake up at 8 , prepared myself , going outside , drinking coffee . And now it's 9 am .
As I told you in part one , the hotel that I stayed in , is located in aksaray. And in this location everything is close to you . It took me 30 -40 min of walk to arrive to this places that I am going to talk about .
So first I visited the blue mosque ، it's real name is Saltan Ahmed ، it has been built between 1609-1619. I heard that it called blue mosque because when the sun enter there will be a reflection of the color blue from the Stone that it's build of , but unfortunately it was a cloudy day, in this mosque Muslims pray their prayers 5 times per day also prayer of Friday and trawih ( Ramadan prayer ) , just a small advice if you're not a Muslim you should wear something appropriate and long and take a scarf with you to cover your hair - scarf only for girls- . Here's some pictures .












Now , move on to the second place which called Aya sofia , it's in front of the blue mosque . You have to pay 60 lira per person to enter . 
Aya sofia was a church but it had transform to a mosque but now it's a museum . There is tourist guide over there's tell you to pay 16 euro to enter quickly without waiting on the line and to explain for you and of course don't forget the 60 lira to buy ticket. for me 16 euro + 60 lira was expensive , so I bought only the ticket . Here's some picture
































this is the garden 










When I got out of Aya sofia I started walking around and I found this street , there is different stores most of them is for traditional crafts , I don't know what's called . 

After all this walking , it was time for lunch so I want back to the hotel I first step by a restaurant and paid 20 lira for lunch - some chicken wings and rice with salad -  
Then I went back to the hotel , get some rest for 2 hours or maybe more because my foot hearted me so much .
 After 4 pm I want to big bazar located in bayazit- it's after aksary don't worry it's close only 5-10 min walk . So the big bzar is under the ground  , most of the store is for man clothes . 

So there is aksary then you found lialia then byazit .

You May Also Like

0 التعليقات