Powered by Blogger.

my story with hijab - head scarf -

by - May 20, 2019

Hello everyone 

And welcome to another post of "story time " . today post will be about hijab and how and why did I wear it with some serious speech at the end . 




I am from bicultural family my mom is from Egypt and my dad is from Algeria . I live in Algeria right now . I have 2 sisters older than me , who also wear hijab but I didn't spend too much time with them back then because they were studying in another city .  This is some short information about my family .

Now let's move to me , when I was 13 years old I wanted to wear hijab , if you're wondering why ?? Because it seems cool to me , there is different colors and scarf designs , it's like having a different hair color each day . 

I went to my mom and asked her if I can wear it . I was so happy and I was sure that she would say yes , but she refused and told me "you are still young for it" . I was sad when i heard her words , so I started bother her every day , maybe she would say yes , but it was the same answer "no" , even my sisters called me crazy and told me to wait until I am 18 in order to not regret this decision later . 

But I was annoying kid , when day me and my mother visited her friend ( Allah yrhamha , she died in 2017 ) , she told my mom " if she wanted let her do it , let her experience new things in her life , and if she didn't like it , she can take it off " .

  that day my mom agreed , I was so happy , I started wearing it , and  each day i wore a different colors and in different style .

What was my school friends reaction ? there was 2 groups some of them told my congratulations and others were like you still young . By the way I had some friends who wear it at 13 too by themselves .

Back to me , after 2 weeks I get bored , I missed my hair ,  so I talked with mom about it and she was like " I told you , you should wait until you're old enough , but you didn't listen to me " . I took it off . you must be wondering  was i happy when i took it off ?? 


 no I was only happy because my mom forgive me , it was like a normal day to me . at the day that I wear it , I was so happy than this day .

Back to my friends what did they said , well nothing interesting , I didn't get any negative comments from my family or friends .

2 years later , at 15 years old I wanted to wear it again ( I told you i was annoying kid ) , but this time was  different , because i was sure that's that what i want . i even didn't ask for permission . me and my mom we was planning to go shopping that day , when she told me go change your outfit it's time to go . i just wear it without hesitation , she was surprised .

i know while you are reading you disagree with me , why did you wear it at young age ??

 i just wanted it because it's part of my culture and my religion , although i am not real good at following every rule in our religion .  

did i regret after it ?? no 

let's get to the important part why i am writing this post ?

i saw a video about an Iranian feminist calming that hijab is a sign of oppression and it makes women inferior than men . 
firs of all i thought those who consider themselves a feminist should empower women regardless of their religion , race , culture .... not tearing down others because of their beliefs or appearance .

secondly , this is not true most of Muslim women decided to wear it by themselves , no one oblige them . it's not a sign of oppression because we wanted to wear it and yes we are educated , i am a med student and lot of hijabist girls finish their education , and yes we have our rights too . keep this in your mind that covering my hair and my body doesn't mean that i am retarded  . 

also the hijab isn't only part of Islam , it's part of Christianity too , nun wear it , also it's part of Jewish belief ,some of them wear the niqab called frumka in their culture . 

a final message 


would you like to tell us your story about wearing hijab , please tell us in the comment or send me an email and i will publish it in my blog .


You May Also Like

0 التعليقات